These walnut bars are truly delicious and were gone only a few hours after they were baked. They remind me a little bit of brownies.
For the base
- 50g walnuts
- 70g sugar
- 80g flour
- 75g butter
- Grind/cut the walnuts into small pieces. In a bowl, mix the small pieces of walnuts with sugar and flour. Rub in the butter until the mixture looks like breadcrumbs.
- Pat the mixture into a square tin (20cm) and bake for 25 mins in a preheated oven (180C).
For the topping
- 25g butter
- 75ml water
- 40g cocoa powder
- 110g sugar
- pinch of sea salt
- 2 eggs
- In a pot, melt the butter and the water. Whisk in the cocoa powder and the sugar. Remove the pot from heat and put in a pinch of sea salt. Let the pot cool for 5 mins or so.
- After 5 mins, whisk in the eggs and blend everything well.
- After the walnut base is baked, take it out of the oven and pour the topping over it evenly.
- Return the tin to the oven and bake for 20-25 mins.
- Allow it to cool then cut it into squares and dust with icing sugar.