Today felt like the perfect day to make brownies. It was gloomy and cold and when the smell of chocolate filled my kitchen I thought I was in heaven. These brownies were devoured almost instantly – I could not recommend them enough (:
- 55 grams butter
- 200 grams chocolate
- 175 grams brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 85 grams white flour
- 1/2 teaspoon soda
- 70 grams walnuts, chopped roughly
- Put the chocolate and butter in a saucepan and stir until melted. Set aside to cool.
- Put the sugar and eggs in a bowl and cream them together until light and fluffy. Pour the melted chocolate and mix well. Sift in the flour and soda and put the chopped walnuts in, once again mixing the batter well.
- Grease a medium sized (20cm) square cake tin with oil or butter and then pour in the batter. Bake in a preheated oven (180C) for 30 mins.
- Once done, cool in the tin for a few mins and then run a knife around the edges of the brownie to loosen it. Let it cool completely before taking it out and cutting into squares.
Can you believe that a couple of months ago I had no idea what brownies were? But one bite was enough to make me a brownie fan for life.